Monday, June 10, 2013

First brood hatch day

Today was suppose to be an exciting day as the first brood from the package are to hatch.  Unfortunately, its pouring outside again and will be for the next 2 days.  Guess I'll have to wait.

Put up the trap again this morning only did a better job of sealing off all the exits.  The caulking I was given to seal the holes under the shingles seemed to be a good food source for them as they ate right thru it and were out in full this morning.  It was raining and they didn't like me around so I had to work on top of the ladder in full gear, hate that.

Have 4 full hives now, one without a queen but it seems to be doing well, building good comb and all that.  Will place one of the queens I'm getting in there and will decide where to put the other when they arrive next week.  May get a queen from the trap too.  Later

No comments:

Post a Comment