Sunday, September 15, 2013

Robbing

The little black feral hive is intent on robbing one of my hives and along with the fall expulsion of the drones, there is a sizable pile of dead bees in front of the hive.  Have inspected closely to make sure its not some disease, but the hive seems normal.  Still killing beetles in my thumb trap.  The bees chase them up and I kill them, quite some team work.  The merged hive now has three independent colonies but with the cool weather I expect that they will merge into one soon.  Have some repairs to make to one of my boxes as it seems I forgot to screw it together and now its opening up at the seams.  Placed a strap around it for now.  Hunting season approaching so I need to take care of the little things before I leave.  Later

No comments:

Post a Comment