Monday, June 4, 2012

Transferring bees

Couldn't stand the tension of waiting for White Oak to call back so today in the rain I removed a frame of brood, bees and hopefully an egg or two from the TBH over to the nuc to give them some support.  All went well and I didn't even get stung.  Will check the end of the week for queen cells developing.
The nasty hive has calmed down completely since I added the queen.  They became a busy factory, building new comb and flying many sorties.  I hope in another 20 days or so we shall see new bees flying.  The small swarm has begun work on another bar.  I can see this one making it through the winter.  I may have to combine the nuc and the nasty hive if there is no new queen development.   Later

No comments:

Post a Comment