Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Two hives gone

Last week we had some brutally cold weather and I lost my TBH and the nasty hive.  Both had enough honey to last so not sure what happened to the TBH.

The nasty hive has been dwindling and when I checked this morning (60 deg.), there were only about a hundred bees left, all dead of course.  So I began processing the honey, probably about 15 lbs.  Haven't opened the TBH all the way yet so I don't have a clue as to how much is in there.  The last hive which I keep in the shed with an exit hole to the outside, is strong and active today in the warm weather.  Gave them some of the honey comb from the nasty hive, which I think they appreciated.  I think that hive will do fine for the rest of the winter.  Lets hope anyway.   Later

No comments:

Post a Comment